I am a Print and direct mail production professional with over 13 years experience. I have worked in many diverse environments including one of the world’s largest global advertising agencies, a Fortune 500 financial firm, a print and lettershop manufacturing company and a direct mail production agency. I have experience working on programs involving general print, out of home, print ads, statement inserts, direct mail and events. My experience includes, but is not limited to, prepping files, print procurement and press approvals. (Offset litho, flexo, dye sublimation, digital, silk-screen and backlit displays/duratrans) I have a solid knowledge of lettershop technologies and USPS rules and regulations.
I possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills. I am organized, detail oriented, adaptable, resourceful, computer savvy and I work well under pressure. I am very skilled working with financials, developing cost saving strategies in addition to creating schedules, establishing priorities and adhering to deadlines.
New York, New York, January 2009 to present
Manage HSBC Premier, Brand, Small Business, Retail, Expansion print production, direct mail and magazine/newspaper advertisement programs. Also manages Out-Of-Home/event projects when high work volume demands.
* Responsible for the procuring, production and quality of a wide range of printing including 4cp litho offset, enhanced flexo, temperature sensitive inks, digital, dye sublimation for DM, Posters, in branch materials, and other OOH materials printing on paper, vellum, poly silk, vinyl and custom carrot seed embedded paper
* Create specifications for print materials and direct the In-House studio in the creation of print ready mechanicals
* Partner with the creative team to develop new packages and ideas for client presentation
* Research costs and feasibility of new creatives and present findings with applicable modifications and/or alternatives
* Work with account team and project managers to develop schedules for each campaign
* Negotiate rates and manage print, lettershop and distribution vendors
* Issue RFQ, triple bidding, POs, estimates and billing reconciliation documents.
* Supervise the retouching of new images/art to ensure quality reproduction for print ads, OOH and oversize reproduction.
Program Manager, Data-Mail
Newington, Connecticut, May 2006 to December 2008
Joined Data-Mail to create, train and manage a team to carry out all the responsibilities of print/direct mail professionals, found at a traditional agency, to service an agency’s newly acquired Washington Mutual retail banking account.
* Managed a five person staff that supports the planning, development and execution for the WaMu Retail banking account collateral print and direct mail campaigns
* Developed the team’s internal and client relations process and procedures
* Issued pricing and rate card billing
* Oversaw the account’s quoting, estimating and billing
* Issued billing reconciliation documents itemizing all savings and additional costs which deviated from the original estimate * Managed quality control and all performance issues Data-Mail (continued) Program Manager * Identified and incorporated cost savings opportunities
* Interacted with internal cross-functional groups for process enhancements, including the Data-Center, Print Services and Lettershop
* Identified creative solutions for program problems and issues
* Participated in the creation and development of CJM, a custom built in-house application which tracks real time status of every company project from inception to production through final billing
* Created presentations and participate in meetings with potential new clients/accounts
Vice President / Associate Manager, CitiGroup
Long Island City, New York, April 2004 to March 2006
Managed a three person staff that supported the planning, development, execution and analysis of collateral print and direct mail programs for Citigroup.
* Developed and instituted many different cost saving enhancements to packages including one set of specification enhancements which netted over $800,000.00 for just one program, in a single calendar year
* One of the first members in the newly formed Citibank in house production department for Acquisition DM. Lead in the development of the department's processes and procedures.
* Developed ongoing program/process enhancements. Reviewed and revised the documentation of production guidelines and procedures in order to improve efficiencies and productivity
* Gathered bids, created estimates and awarded jobs to suppliers
* Negotiated pricing and provide cost analysis for printing and lettershop services
* Managed quality control and vendor performance issues
* Interacted with internal cross-functional groups, including Marketing, Database Marketing, Compliance and Fraud Management, as well as external advertising agencies and suppliers
* Participated in and supported all company initiatives regarding Compliance, Continuity of Business and Self Assessment
* Assisted in resolution of invoice and prompt pay issues
* Identified creative solutions for program problems and issues
* Supported special projects and department initiatives
Senior Account Manager, Directpro LLC
New York, New York, October 1996 to April 2004
Main job responsibilities were similar to the duties described during my time working at Citigroup in addition to these notables:
* Successfully managed the production of direct marketing projects for a client list that included Citibank, Sun Trust Bank, GE and Chase.
* Instituted package spec redesigns for cost savings, including one enhancement which netted our client over $4,000,000.00 in savings in one calendar year.
* Started working at DirectPro in an entry-level position as an Account Coordinator and was promoted several times and earned the title of Senior Account Manager.
* During my time as Senior Account Manager at DirectPro my interest in computers and technology lead me to take on an additional role as a MIS Department Manager. I was responsible for overseeing the installation, configuration, enhancement and maintenance of the office’s computer systems to ensure uninterrupted IT services for the company. Your browser may not support display of this image.
Bachelor of Science 1996 -
SUNY Oswego, New York
Double Major: Business Administration & Psychology